Are you a college student looking to join an organization with a winning tradition? Want to learn what it takes, top to bottom, to run a franchise in the United States’ premier summer collegiate baseball league, while beginning your career in sports? Need intern credits for school, a club or church?
Then apply for a Y-D Red Sox Internship! We are always seeking motivated, hard-working individuals to join us during the summer in various capacities.
Read below for more information. When applying, please understand the following conditions:
- All interns must secure their own transportation and housing proximate to Yarmouth, Mass.
- Internship positions in the Cape Cod Baseball League are unpaid, but with this in mind, Y-D interns always have the option of earning college credit for their work.
- Due to the aforementioned compensation constraints, many interns tend to hold separate, part-time employment in the morning during their time on Cape Cod.
- While Y-D is not obligated to find you a morning job, we have advised several interns in past years as they prepared to secure employment for the summer.
Game Day Operations Internships
We have filled our Game Day Internships for the 2021 Season.
Please check back in the fall to apply for 2022 Game Day Internships.
These positions include various aspects of the game day experience at Red Wilson Field that ensure Y-D and visiting fans have a pleasant experience. A Game Day Internship is a great way to learn about the various aspects of baseball operations and putting on a baseball game. The Game Day position includes the following skills within the position, but are not limited to:
- Concessions/Food service operation
- Field preparations and post-game cleanup
Individuals interested in a Game Day Operations position are asked to email Elaine Lacey at firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a cover letter and resume.
Digital Media Internships
Current Openings for this Offseason and 2021 Season
The Digital Media Department is responsible for all aspects of the teams’ web presence and marketing, including our league-best website, social media accounts, and more. These positions have the unique opportunity of having work that can be completed virtually and that is available year round.
Current Digital Media Internship openings include:
- Design graphics for us to post on the website and social media as well as print advertising
- Design templates of graphics to be updated and utilized throughout the season
- Research and report on current trends and offer recommendations
WordPress Web Developer
- Assist in editing and maintaining this WordPress website
- Create and update events
- Post and edit content
- Add and edit advertisements
- Optimizing the website to improve search engine rankings.
Individuals interested in learning about baseball marketing should apply for a Digital Media Internship by emailing Shane Skinner at email@example.com. Please include “Y-D Digital Media Internship” in your subject line. A cover letter that explains your goals and the skills you’re looking to improve during the internship, an updated resume, and samples of your work are highly desired as well.
Broadcasting Media Internships
Accepting Applicants for 2021 Season
Broadcasting Media Intern positions are 40-game (home and road) commitments, plus playoffs.
These positions include the promotion of the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox in various capacities, including PR/media relations, social media, and others. Successful candidates will possess strong communication and organizational skills. Read below for more information on each position.
Individuals interested in applying to these positions should email Steve Faucher at firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a cover letter or resume and work samples. Please include “Y-D Broadcasting Media Internships” in your subject line.
- Broadcast home and away baseball games
- Operate field camera during home broadcasts
- Assist with operation of mixer and other technology as requested
- Lead positive, professional online coverage of the Y-D Red Sox through YDredsox.com and social media
- Produce game recaps for website publishing at the conclusion of each contest
- Write periodic features as appropriate
- Live tweet at games and special events
- Issued league-wide photo credentials in June, prior to the start of the season
- Shoot game action and crowd throughout the summer at all regular season and playoff games, along with special events as requested by the organization
- Upload photos to Flickr, organizing shots game-by-game
- Link your game photo albums on social media and also to the game recap on YDredsox.org
- Equipment may be provided by the organization, but we prefer that you use yours, as you are more acquainted with it
- Photos on Y-D’s Flickr page may be used by the organization for various promotional purposes with credit issued to the photographer who produced the shot
- Shoot sizzle reel content for the team and come up with marketing videos for the team
- Help team photographer capture great shots throughout the season
- Upload and help to optimize team YouTube channel
- Please note – you will need your own equipment for this role
Major League Baseball (MLB) Scout Liaison
The MLB Scout Liaison Intern serves as the point person for all MLB scouts who attend games at Red Wilson Field. This person will be the contact for all information the scouts need on game day.
Individual must have a complete understanding of the game of baseball. Extensive knowledge of baseball (rules, pitches/talent, and history) is required. Technology skills (Word, Excel, internet research capabilities, and social media) are required as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The MLB Scout Liaison is the connection between each Cape Cod Baseball League (CCBL) franchise and the MLB scouts.
- This intern will create scouts-only statistics and be expected to interact with them on a professional level. The Scouts Roster Sheet for each Home game will include the following player information: player name, hometown, uniform number, position, height, weight, college, draft status, current statistics, etc. (Scouts Roster Sheets are prepared for scouts only and contain personal information not to be shared with the general public.) Coordinate contact information and record-keeping of player information with other franchise MLB Scout Liaisons and CCBL MLB Scout Liaison Project Coordinator.
- This intern will also create the roster to be distributed to the general public as they enter the ballpark for each home game.
- Be available at Home games, including playoffs to scouts by 2:00 p.m., – hour prior to our players arriving for batting practice, at 2:30 p.m.
- Maintain contact with coaching staff pitching rotation, starting lineup, batting practice times, i/o times and weather delays.
- Assist the organization with projects/duties as assigned.
- Must provide own housing and equipment.
- This intern will report to the General Manager.
All interested candidates must send a cover letter and resume to Steve Faucher at email@example.com.
Y-D Red Sox Intern Alumni
Previous Y-D interns and student staff include:
- Eric Anastasi ’11, Athletic Equipment Manager, Northeastern University
- Katie Carlson ’12-13, WBC National Team Coordinator, Major League Baseball
- Andrew Constant ’12, Media Relations, Gwinnett Braves (AAA-ATL)
- Emily de Maill’ ’11-12, Marketing Specialist, Fanatics Inc.
- Josh Duffy ’11, Director of Group Sales, Lynchburg Hillcats (A-CLE)
- Ryan Gallant, Asst. Director Athletic Communications, University of Massachusetts
- Elijah Gonzalez ’16, On-Air Talent, Connecticut Tigers (SA-DET)
- Alex Hart ’14-16, Membership Service Representative, Miami Dolphins
- Josh Kapiloff ’14, Assistant Amateur Scouting, Miami Marlins
- Madeleine Ker ’14-17, Kindergarten Teacher
- Zack Lacey ’16, ’17, Bentley University MBA Graduate ’19
- Meagan Lowry ’14, Public Relations Officer/Alumni Affairs, Central Baptist College (Ark.)
- Seamus Lyman ’13, News Producer, WRGB (CBS-6 Schenectady)
- Brody Mankus ’12-13, Account Executive, New York Islanders
- Kelly McKenna ’10-12, Senior HRIS Analyst, Acadia Healthcare
- Collin Mentiply ’16, Inside Sales Representative, New York Mets
- Kyla Miller ’12-13, Rehabilitation Aide, Spaulding Outpatient Center
- Alex Newman ’12, Sales Manager, PureHD
- Dan Rubin ’05-07, USCHO, Bentley Athletics, Brown Athletics
- Peter Wardell ’12, Amateur Scout, Arizona Diamondbacks