Y-D RED SOX BASEBALL ORGANIZATION CONTRACT:
The Yarmouth-Dennis (Y-D) Red Sox have a long and proud history as a member of the Cape Cod Baseball League. Our organization, while committed to excellence in the promotion of collegiate athletics, is also a proponent of community involvement through volunteerism, promoting student athletes through scholarships, and character building through our intern program. Y-D believes that good sportsmanship and character building may be fostered and developed by setting forth a clear and concise understanding of our organizations’ expectations and responsibilities when choosing interns to join the Y-D Red Sox organization.
- Interns must understand that they are representatives of the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox Baseball Organization at all times (both on and off line). No swearing or disruptive behavior. (This is a family-friendly environment!)
- Be Committed. Be Prepared. Maintain a positive attitude and strive for excellence at all times.
- Interns must agree and understand that they will be expected to fill in where needed even if they have not been assigned to that position.
- Any intern who is found to be disrespectful to a board member, customer, or fellow intern will be reprimanded. Although the severity of the violation will dictate the response, the normal steps will be:
- Strike 1 – Will receive a verbal warning
- Strike 2 – Will receive a one (1) game suspension
- Strike 3 – Will be asked to leave permanently
- Understand that you may be photographed or recorded and that the media may end up online, in print, or otherwise distributed.
Any intern who is found to be in violation of one or more of these responsibilities, or who cannot adequately meet the expectations set forth above, will be deemed ineligible to work with the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox. If an intern is terminated from his/her position, any college credit an intern may be receiving would be disqualified. Appropriate action will be taken by the organization to notify the interns college/university that his/her internship has been terminated.